California licensed investigator – Identity Theft
Having your identity stolen is no joke. It can wreak havoc on your livelihood and your future wellbeing. Identity theft is a big concern these days, with the advent of the internet making private information easier to come by than ever. Criminals can actually buy your personal information and sell it to others, and each step of the way your good name is at risk. A California licensed investigator can get to the bottom of the situation and find protect you from suffering the consequences of criminal identity theft.
Things You Need to Know about Identity Theft Investigations
Victims of identity theft stand to lose a lot more than their wits. Identity theft can ruin your credit and even get you locked up for a crime you didn’t commit. A California licensed investigator is often the only expert who can resolve the matter before it’s too late. While local law enforcement does what it can to figure things out, the officers in charge are sometimes too overwhelmed to give each case the attention it deserves. California licensed investigators can take the case immediately and stop the criminal in his or her tracks much quicker and more efficiently than most law enforcement agencies.
In fact, the majority of law enforcement agencies have a private investigator on staff to handle cases for them. However, that does not mean you cannot go ahead and hire a California licensed investigator to perform an investigation on your behalf. Citizens are always relying on private investigators to uncover pertinent details of a mysterious case. A California licensed investigator is your best bet, because private investigators must be licensed in the state in order to gather evidence that can be used during prosecution in a court of law.
Understanding How Identity Theft Occurs
A lot of people think that identity theft only occurs when they aren’t careful enough, but that’s not always the case. Good criminals do not need your credit card information or any other form of identity to steal your personal data and wreak havoc on your life. Unfortunately, a savvy con artist can use only your name and date of birth to get what they want.
In some cases, a California licensed investigator has been hired because someone’s identity was stolen after they gave out their home address. Identity theft can happen anywhere and at any time, and everybody is susceptible. In reality, a California licensed investigator should be programmed into your speed dial.
3 Startling Statistics about Identity Theft
If you still think identity theft is not a problem that you will ever face, consider the following statistics:
- An American has his or her identity stolen every 2 seconds on average.
- In 2012, there were 12.6 million reported cases of identity theft.
- In 2013, that number shot up to 13.1 million reported cases.
- California, Florida, Georgia, and California had the highest per capita rate of identity theft in the country
As you can see, identity theft is a serious problem. Having a California licensed investigator lead an identity theft investigation on your behalf may be the best plan.
15 Tips to Prevent Identity Theft from Happening to You
Preventing identity theft begins by taking an active role in keeping your personal information secure. It also requires the help of a California licensed investigator so you can discover where security threats are before they ruin your good name. There are several ways to keep identity theft at bay in the meantime:
- Do business with only the most reputable companies.
- Ask for credentials and references whenever you can.
- Never give out personal information if you feel as though the other party will use it for purposes other than the ones stated.
- Never give out your social security number over the phone.
- Do not keep your social security number in your purse or wallet.
- Keep all important physical records and original copies locked in a secured safe.
- Never share your birth date or place of birth on social networking sites.
- Keep secure data safe with passwords.
- Record your passwords and keep them in a secure place.
- Change your passwords frequently.
- Check your financial information and bank statements on a regular basis.
- Refrain from using public Wi-Fi hotspots to do business on your mobile device or PC.
- Pay attention to who might be listening when sharing information over the phone or at the ATM.
- Shred any documents that contain sensitive information.
- Never open emails if you are unfamiliar with the sender.
When to Hire a California licensed investigator
Knowing when identity theft has taken place is sometimes difficult until the damage has been done. Most of the time, hiring a California licensed investigator to do an identity theft investigation is your best bet. This will allow you to find any security issues existent on your personal accounts and can help you put a stop to criminal activity before it’s too late.
If you feel as though you are already the victim of identity theft, then waste no time getting in touch with a California licensed investigator. For more information on having a corporate investigation conducted on your behalf, or to hire a California licensed investigator immediately, contact at 800 392 1734. We provide you with a free initial consultation and price quote for our services.