for an Immediate Response
The New York Post has taken down an article the tabloid published Friday about E. Jean Carroll’s accusation that Donald Trump sexually assaulted her in the mid-1990s.
CNN Business, citing unnamed individuals, reports that the article was taken off the site on the orders of former NY Post editor-in-chief and Trump supporter Col Allan, who currently serves as an adviser to the paper.
The Posts’s article about the accusations, written by reporter Joe Tacopino, was published Friday and apparently taken down later that same day. The link now redirects to an error page.
The New York Post and Col Allan did not immediately respond to a request for comment from TheWrap.
In an excerpt from her forthcoming memoir published Friday in New York Magazine, Carroll accused Trump of sexual assaulting her in a department store dressing room, and accused CBS chief Les Moonves of aggressively groping her in an elevator. Both men denied the attacks, which Carroll said took place in the mid-1990s. On Monday, Trump strongly denied the accusation in an interview with The Hill, and said Carroll was lying.
“I’ll say it with great respect: Number one, she’s not my type. Number two, it never happened. It never happened, OK?” he said. “Totally lying. I don’t know anything about her.”
Allan, a longtime lieutenant of Rupert Murdoch, served as editor-in-chief of the Post from 2001-2016. He said in 2017 that he stepped down because it would be difficult for him to cover the Trump presidency, since “I like the Donald a lot.” He returned to the tabloid in his current role earlier this year.
Source: the wrap feed
Complete the form below to obtain a free quote for any of our services.
The true measutre of a Private Investigator isn't the awards, but what the awards say about the Private Investigator: dedication and commitment to the client.